Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fire Creek: Full of Flavor

Fire Creek is in West Des Moines by Walgreens on South 50th street. Its a great place to get good service, excellent food, and have a great time. Last night our good family friends and my family went to Fire Creek for dinner. We entered and were immediately welcomed by the hostess. She then prepared a table and we soon were sitting and looking over the menu. The menu offered a nice variety of appetizers, seafood, steak, pasta, and chicken. One of the chicken dishes caught my eye, Boursin stuffed chicken. Chicken stuffed with boursin cheese, and mushrooms then topped off with a pesto-cream sauce. It came with a dinner salad (I was hoping it would be better than Gino's), choice of potatoe, and seasonal vegetables. My Mom and I decided to split it. The salad came out first with the house dressing and really started the meal off well. The food came out about half an hour later. I cut into my first piece of stuffed chicken. It was fabulous. The chicken was so moist,  it tasted so good. The next thing I tasted was the cheese, mushrooms, and pesto-cream sauce. Each part of the dish was so good and all together was amazing. For dessert creme brulee, and chocolate mousse cake, topped off the meal. Fire Creek earns 4 stars. Its always been very consistent. Good food, and great service. Fire Creek is full of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment